Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 32- Elephant

I love this golden elephant, and I will draw it again this year. Today is just a quick sketch of it, eventually I will do a more detailed one, it has a metallic finish and ridges etched into it which makes for lots of dramatic differences and lots of fun shading. But for today a sketch. My sis-in-law Kristy gave this to Steve and I one year for our anniversary. When she gave it to us I was kinda like what the heck does an elephant have to do with our anniversary, but I freaking love this thing and it is always front and center in our house, he is just so cute, I can't explain it, I love him and he is so perfect! There are a few things I don't quite like about the sketch but I was tired and didn't care too much. Things being the ear not being rounded right and the little bit of shading in the front that I did do looks awkward, and I made his trunk curve forward to much. I didn't do this cute little guy justice, so I will definitely be doing him again eventually, and it will probably take a couple of hours instead of 5 minutes.



1 comment: