Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10- Mobius


This is our dog Mobius. In real life he isn't quite so skinny looking, and his face is a little darker too. I love this dog, he is the perfect dog for us, and we were incredibly lucky to find him. He had only been at the pound for about an hour before we found him. Steve wanted to go to the pound earlier in the day and I just didn't want to, it didn't seem right to me to go look for a dog because I wasn't sure yet if I was ready for one, and like I said, it just didn't feel right, and we were kind of in a hurry to go have lunch with Steve's old lady friend Rachel. Luckily, we didn't go earlier in the day, we barely made it to Rachel on time anyways, and we wouldn't have found this dog. I have no idea why anyone would get rid of this dog. He was picked up by the county and no one ever claimed him. He is the sweetest guy, he is about 2-3 years old, loves playing catch, likes going on walks, is great on a leash (doesn't pull), doesn't bolt from the house when we open the front door, isn't aggressive with his food (Desi can be down at the dog dish messing with his food while he is eating and he doesn't care), doesn't beg for food or jump up on the counter or table looking for food,  is kennel/crate trained, house trained, doesn't jump on people, doesn't jump on the furniture (unless we tell him it is okay, he is now allowed to get on Simon's bed, but that is it), rarely barks, gets along with other dogs (except for the ones in Steve's family, which he gets along with ok, but the other dogs are kind of aggressive towards him trying to exert their dominance and it just scares Moby), is a little timid and shy but so loving, has the sweetest saddest eyes, loves the boys, loves Steve, and loves me (although he always brings the ball to Steve even though I'm the one that throws it! and it makes me really mad too). Seriously the perfect dog, someone spent a lot of time training him, and I can't imagine why they would leave him behind even if they foreclosed on a house and had to move suddenly, you'd think they would have given him to someone they knew! I also love that his left ear is always cocked, it's flopped over a little.

2 comments: