Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 8- Blind Contour Bookshelf


Today I was feeling quite lazy, so I decided to something fun and easy- a blind contour drawing! For a blind contour drawing you make one continual line, you can't take your pen (or pencil) off the paper, and you also can't look at the paper! (At least those are the rules I remember from high school.) To prevent myself from peeking I actually had to hold a blank piece of paper up to block my view of my sketchbook. It's so hard not to look! Here is my blind contour drawing of my coral bookshelf and the stuff on top of it. Steve and I bought this bookshelf from a yard sale the summer after we first got married. We always meant to repaint it, and we never did, but I kind of like it just the way it is, horrible coralish colored paint and all! The top shelf is Steve's books, the other two are mine. (Notice his nerd books!) I like this blog so far because even though it is just a drawing a day, I feel like it gives quite a bit of insight into our daily lives and our personalities.


I think I did pretty awesome on the globe and owl if I can say so myself! And also notice how I did a few of the "books" on the bottom "shelf" crooked as well! 


3 comments:

  1. What is really fun is doing blind contour drawings with a partner. You do a portrait of each other. Awesome sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have one of those. I did in high school, even though it was colored afterwards maybe I will post it for next weeks break day. Its prettty cool. And maybe ibwill do one a person this week, maybe today...

    ReplyDelete