Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 22- Ammonite Pointillism

My parents are here visiting and today is my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!! While they've been here we have been doing some thrift store shopping looking for a nightstand for their guestroom. My mom just refinished an old door from the house on our property in Illinois. Although it's not actually our property anymore since my parents sold the place almost a year ago. I will do a picture of that place someday, it holds a special place in my heart. Anyways though, my mom refinished the door to use as a headboard and it turned out so cool. While we were out shopping one of the thrift stores had a really cool pointillism picture so I decided to do pointillism for today's sketch.I got tired of making dots so it isn't quite finished, you get the idea though.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thanks for removing the word verification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Now maybe more people will comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! It is surprising what you can do with just dots. But it is so time consuming! I would not have the patience to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't quite have the patience either, that's why only one of them is filled in.

      Delete