Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16- Room design

Today Steve and I got to go out on a date for our anniversary. We ended up heading over to the Grand Sierra Hotel to play laser tag and then we were going to go to out to eat. Well no one else was there to play laser tag so we opted not to play in the huge arena with just the two of us. That would have been lame. So instead we went to eat at the buffet. The buffet is now called the Elements Buffet, and they had these really cool moss covered balls with flowers on them hanging everywhere and I thought they were super cool and whimsical looking, so I decided to use them as inspiration for a little girl nursery. This is a very rough sketch, I'm really not great at drawing things out of my head, but it was still fun. I want a little girl someday. Well sometimes I think I want a little girl, then I think about how little girls turn into teenage girls, and I think that I am fine if I only have boys. I'm planning on making a seperate post on one of my other blogs about the things I would put in this room and where to get them from, but I don't have all of that info right now. I will link to it though when I do.  The writing at the bottom that you probably can't read is my notes about things in the picture and where I would get them from. The moss/flower balls are hanging above the crib. Above the chest of drawers changing table is a painting by me, that is similar to one I did for my niece (but never quite finished) and a mobile with birds and owls that I have similar of on etsy. The chest of drawers will be blue, with a green flokati rug on the floor in front of it. The flower arrangement will be by me and feature led flower lights. There is also a changing pad, wipes warmer, and cool glo light thingy. The end table will have a rattan wrapped lamp and a few books. There is also a diaper pail for our cloth diapers, some solid curtains (not sure what color yet), I will change the lamp shade from the circles, but that's just what I happened to draw, and the rocker recliner would ideally be some fun color or design that goes with the whimsical natural feel of the room.

What do you think? I think it's very magical and fun, or at least the start of being that way, I think she would be need to be born in the spring.

3 comments:

  1. It looks very fantastical. Are you planning to put her in the boys' room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really! It just kind of ended up that it looked like their room. The bedroom situation makes me not want a girl. We'd have to do some major rearranging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a good beginning for the room. Now the baby and we can finish! :)

    ReplyDelete