Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3- Owl

Day 3's drawing I did while the boys were in the bathtub. I was sitting in my comfy orange chair watching them and realized it would be a great time to do my drawing for the day instead of waiting until after they go to bed like I normally do, so I looked around the library/loft area and spotted this cute little bobble head owl that my old bosses gave me because they know I like owls. I stuck him on the desk, grabbed my sketchbook, and settled into my chair. I didn't do a lot of shading on this one, mostly outlining. And I just realized as I glanced over at my little owl perched on the bookshelf that I left out spots/circles that go in the center of his feathers on his belly... oops! And I totally ratted myself out, you would have never known. I love this little guy though, he is so cute, turquoise and green and orange, and just so bright and happy and cute. Once again edge cut off by scanner and shading around the edges from the scanning process.

Would you be interested in me posting the picture of the actual item when I am drawing real things?
(Update: I added the picture, but it is obviously from a different angle than when I drew it, but you get the idea)

*Pencils used Staedtler Mars Lumograph 2H and 3B I believe.

3 comments:

  1. Sure, post a picture of the actual item. Although that means extra work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about taking a picture of your drawing instead of scanning them? I would think that would be easier. I also like the idea of seeing the original item you use for the drawing. However, you may get more "criticism" of the drawing if you did that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about taking pictures of them with the camera but our camera is really bad at taking pictures inside and I think a lot of details would be lost in the process, especially since 5 of this weeks pictures (everything but day 1) was all one page of the Sketchbook so they are pretty small.

    ReplyDelete