Monday, January 14, 2013

My orange chair


I just though it would be fun to post a picture of one of the things I have talked about often in my posts so far. My orange chair. I love my orange chair. I actually have two of them. I bought them when I was in college, summer 2005. My best friend and roommate Arielle and I were at a thrift store just a couple blocks from the apartment we lived in, when we stumbled across this beauty! It was love at first sight for me, and I just had to have this chair, it was perfect! the color, the lines, the style, the buttons. I'm not sure what it was, but I had to have it, and it had to be mine! So I bought it, even though almost every apartment in the Provo area comes furnished, and I didn't really need it, I bought it. I want to say it cost $20, but I can't really remember. Arielle and I carried it down University Avenue together (it's one of the main streets in town), you know she loves me if she was willing to help me carry it, and put the ugly thing in our apartment! We got honked at and whistled at a ton during that couple block trek back to our apartment, it was quite entertaining I'm sure to see two tiny girls carrying this hideous chair down the street. Now you may be wondering where the second one comes in, since I only mentioned one so far. Well, a few days later, I was back at the store, and they had another one! Another hideous orange chair, it's twin, a match made in heaven, there were two glorious wonderful chairs. I couldn't just leave it there when I had it's companion in my apartment, that would be cruel, they were friends, soulmates, they'd lived their whole lives together, and who was I to separate them and end their life together? I'm sure they'd been together for at least 30 years, maybe even 40! I can't remember how I got the second one back to our apartment, but it didn't matter, I had two matching wonderful orange chairs. I still love them as much today as I did that day I found the first one. And they are so so comfy. One is up in our loft area and one is down in our family room, we always fight over who gets to sit in them. One day when we have better seating in the family room they will both be up in our library loft with a cool end table between them, but for now, they are separated once again, this time by a railing and a flight of stairs.

3 comments:

  1. You also got them because they were just like the gold chair in K5. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the good chair in K5. But if it was anything like this one then it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me it looks like a princess chair. And we all know I have four princesses of my own. Plus Abigail!

    ReplyDelete