Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 23- Ammonite sketch

Today's picture is another version of yesterday's drawing. Just a sketch of the ammonite. Ammonite is a fossilized shell. Ours is from Madagascar 120 million years ago. We bought it at the Rock Shop up in Virginia City once when we were on a date there in the winter time a few years ago. Virginia City is fun, but it's definitely a lot more fun in the summer, and there's more to do there in the summer. This past fall Steve and I went there and took my mom, dad, and sister Leslie. We went and did a ghost tour. It was a little hokey, but pretty fun I thought. After the ghost tour we went to the cemetery in town that was featured in the show Ghost Adventures. That part was spooky and I was pretty scared at first.
This is the Ammonite
This is my sister and dad in Virginia City last fall

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that cemetery was so freaky at first. Good thing we toughened up. We are wusses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both were wusses. It was so funny. I couldn't believe you were so scared! It is a neat shell. So intricate.

    ReplyDelete