Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4- Island in the Sun

Day 4. Less than a week into this and I almost cheated and took a day off. After showing our new house to a family member for the first time the other day, I was so embarrassed that our house didn't look as nice I would like it to (and there was laundry everywhere, almost all clean, but still everywhere! and dishes in the sink and counter), and that's it not totally decorated and done yet, that I got motivated to work on a few projects in our house. The boys have a playroom downstairs that is intended to be pirate themed. So far all we have down there is really cool pirate flag banner from my parents that has like 12 or so different pirate flags and we have it hanging around the top of the wall all the way around the room. And I sketched some palm trees on the wall before my parents last visit so it would look like I was in the process of doing more with the room. Well I finally started painting the palm trees, and I was doing it with a too-small paintbrush so it was taking me forever and I was tempted to say my painting the palm trees on the wall would count for my drawing for today. But I decided I can't slack this early on or I'll never make it through the year, so I did a quick sketch of some palm trees in honor of the ones I am painting. These drawn ones have a lot more character than the ones on the wall though, I think these ones are a little more spunky and fun and energetic. What do you think? Should I give these posts more exciting and creative names? Writing's not really my talent but is Day 4, Island in the Sun a better name than just Day 4?
*Pencils used, either a Staedtler Mars Lumograph or a regular number 2, they are pretty much the same thing...

2 comments:

  1. I think adding a little extra to the name might be good. Especially if one wants to go back and look at a particular post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely add the extra to the title. Makes it more personalized.

    ReplyDelete