Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 13- Nightstand

It's late, I'm tired. I don't want to come up with something to draw, but I'm carrying all my stuff in to my room to plop down into my bed  and draw something. So I set it all down on my nightstand, my sketchbook, my can of pencils and pens, and my phone. Why do I carry around the whole can? I almost always use the same pencil anyways. I think about doing a "gesture" of my lamp, but then decide to just sketch my nightstand and lamp area. I love this little vignette. A picture of my sisters and me from a long time ago, a vase of orchids, a sculpture my sister gave me (it was from a previous marriage of hers), a picture of the Reno temple, a painting I did for fun one day in college at that same sister's apartment, and my lamp. I made it, out of ribbon, fabric stiffener, and a large bouncy ball.

2 comments: