Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 26- Chair and another peek at what my house looks like

I mentioned earlier this week that my parents were in town. They left yesterday to head back home before the weather took a turn for the worst. While they were here we went to a bunch of thrift stores and antique stores. I managed to make it through lots and lots of stores and only bought a new-to-me cast 9 inch cast iron skillet and a bag of duplo blocks. Oh and a skirt and a dress that were only $2 each at a sidewalk sale at a cool local store called Junkee. Half of the store is vintage and used clothing and the other half is antiques, junk, and dustables. I got my clothes on the clothing side and on the other side my parents found a desk and three cool chairs that I think used to be dining chairs. They managed to get the desk, a nightstand, all their stuff, and one of the chairs into their car. They left the other two in my garage until next time they come or we go up to see them. The one they took was painted a shiny gold color, the other two were mostly white with bits of orange, and turquoise with bits of white, heavily distressed with bits of wood showing though. Steve and I both thought the chairs were so cool looking and fell in love with them and so I decided to bring them in the house until they can go back to my parents. I put them near our front door where I always dump my purse, diaper bag, church bag, and jackets when we come home. They look so awesome. I'm trying to convince my parents to sell them to us because we really like the way they look in our house, and we love the way the chairs finish looks. Here's a quick chair sketch. 


And a very blurry picture taken from a similar angle of the turquoise chair (and the dog leash)
 And one more for kicks of the whole little area. This is after you come through our front door and to the left before it steps down into our family room. I am sitting on the stairs taking this picture. I painted that picture above the chairs when I was in high school. I love it!

6 comments:

  1. I think they are awesome and would look great in my house, and I typically don't like distressed stuff. Now, where to put them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if I don't get to buy them then they go to Mama and Papa not you! They belong to them after all.

      Delete
  2. I really dig them under that pic of yours and I love this drawing. When someone asks you to design their space someday, you're going to need to draw a whole lotta furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be cool if someone had me design their space, I should probably finish up mine first though huh?

      Delete
  3. Good job Kari! Did Papa say you couldn't have them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hasn't said. But I also haven't actually asked him yet either. Crossing my fingers!

      Delete